On March 15, 2019, the Government of Canada announced that they will be conducting consultations on Canada’s national strategy to achieve Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. WGSI is pleased to announce our participation in these consultations.
Recent blog posts
- SDG Town Hall & More Ways To Contribute to Canada’s 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- The Generation SDG Blueprint outlines a vision for a community-driven approach to the SDGs
- Frontier Science Rountable Brief Available Now
- "What’s happening to people is unjust, so let’s have a conversation about it” - Dr. Ingrid Waldron to speak in Waterloo on environmental racism
- Generation SDG Summit to spark pan-Canadian approach to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (La version française suit)
SDG Town Hall & More Ways To Contribute to Canada’s 2030 Agenda National Strategy
WGSI is pleased to announce our participation in the Government of Canada's consultations on Canada’s national strategy to achieve Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For more ways to contribute, see our blog.
The SDG Town Hall, a partnership with Sustainable Development Solutions Network of Canada (SDSN Canada), TakingITGlobal, and Youth Climate Lab, is a student-focused engagement on the SDGs at university and college campuses across Canada. The SDG Town Hall will work to develop policy recommendations for the Government of Canada as they develop a National Strategy for the implementation of the SDGs. The SDG Town Hall recommendations will also inform future directions for SDSN Canada, including how we can support a post-secondary ecosystem for student-led activation around the SDGs.
This digital engagement will be followed by three in-person Policy Jams hosted across the country at SDSN Canada member institutions: the University of Waterloo, Simon Fraser University, and l’Université de Laval. Input from both the Virtual Town Hall and the Policy Jams will contribute towards the creation of a White Paper to be submitted to the Government of Canada to inform the creation of Canada’s forthcoming National Strategy on SDG Implementation.
OUR LATEST PUBLICATION - THE GENERATION SDG BLUEPRINT
The Generation SDG Blueprint features:
- insights into inclusive community ecosystem mapping and planning
- partnership strategies to accelerate action on the SDGs
- accountability practices for partnerships, program and data management
- innovative financial instruments and programs for funding the SDGs
- Solutions Spotlights highlighting Canadian and global organizations and initiatives aligned with the SDGs
- a commitment to establishing and nurturing partnerships on the road to achieving the SDGs in Canada