On September 25, 2017, the Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS) at Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Waterloo Global Science Initiative (WGSI) and the Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy (WISE) held a roundtable discussion on the potential of today’s frontier scientific research to disrupt tomorrow’s energy system.
Recent blog posts
- Frontier Science Rountable Brief Available Now
- "What’s happening to people is unjust, so let’s have a conversation about it” - Dr. Ingrid Waldron to speak in Waterloo on environmental racism
- Generation SDG Summit to spark pan-Canadian approach to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (La version française suit)
- Applications Open for Young Leaders to Participate in Generation SDG
- WGSI Supports Discourse Media's New Sustainable Development Beat
GENERATION SDG AT TOGETHER 2018 - NOVEMBER 5 & 6, 2018
WGSI is excited to contribute to Together 2018 — the second annual, internationally recognized Symposium fostering collaboration and innovation around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Canada and beyond — hosted by the Alberta Council for Global Co-operation in partnership with the University of Alberta on November 5 & 6, 2018 in Edmonton, AB.
Join us for the launch of the Generation SDG Blueprint on November 5, 2018 at 4pm MT. A panel featuring Generation SDG strategic advisor Margaret Biggs, Blueprint co-authors Jeremy Runnalls and Elaine Ho, social innovator Ben Weinlick and Bonnie Healy, executive director of the Alberta First Nations Information Governance Centre, will explore the vision for a community-driven approach to the SDGs laid out in the Blueprint.
GENERATION SDG BLUEPRINT - LAUNCHING NOVEMBER 5, 2018
Launching November 5, 2018 at Together 2018 in Edmonton, AB and online at wgsi.org, the Generation SDG Blueprint is a vision for a community-driven approach to the SDGs broken into four sections:
- community ecosystems and planning
- financing and stimulating innovation
WGSI is optimistically looking forward to sharing the Blueprint with you and working with many partners in order to see this vision implemented. Watch this space on November 5, 2018.