Florida Solar & Air Review
Company: Florida Solar & Air
Address: 2399 SW 53rd St., Suite 105, Cooper City, FL 33330
Years in Business: 23
Reviews: 4.7 / 5 (Google, 439 reviews), 4.9 / 5 (Better Business Bureau, 20 reviews), 4.5 / 5 (BuildZoom.com, 5 reviews), 5 / 5 (Birdeye, 429 reviews), 3.4 / 5 (Trustlink.org, 9 reviews), 3.4 / 5 (Indeed.com, 14 reviews), 3.5 / 5 (Yelp, 66 reviews), 4.7 / 5 (HomeAdvisor, 137 reviews)
Business Quote: “At Florida Solar & Air, we understand that your home is your most valued asset. That’s why we take great care to ensure a top-quality experience for every customer we serve. Our team is dedicated to helping you save costs while increasing the value of your home.”
Summary: Florida Solar & Air touts their mission statement as being to “save energy costs and make homes in South Florida more efficient through a full-line of innovative and affordable energy-efficient products”. They list their various state certifications as general, AC, roofing and electrical contractors as well as providing their license numbers, which is reassuring even though most consumers (myself included) aren’t going to really know what they mean. They list various reasons why you should go with Florida Solar & Air- free consultations, “deep knowledge” of incentives and rebates, etc. The “Solar 101” section of their website details the entire process of solar energy production and how it can apply to your home.
Buildzoom: In the words of their own website, “BuildZoom is your trusted construction project consultant. We are with you every step of the way – from sourcing talent to analyzing bids. Before a brick is laid, we help you create a plan to reduce costly overages, delays, and unforeseen issues down the road
We work on all types of projects. Select the project you’re doing to learn more about how we can help.” Their rating algorithm rates Florida Solar & Air an 89, in the bottom 50% of contractors in the state of Florida, as a matter of fact they are ranked in the 30th percentile. They also note that :Florida Solar & Air Inc, 12399 SW 53rd St, Cooper City, FL (Owned by: Alexander Mustelier) holds a E Electrical Contractor license and 32 other licenses according to the Orange County license board.”. The records of Buildzoom.com indicate the company has worked on over 1500 projects over the last three years. The typical size of their permits, which include projects other than solar, is around $14,000. They have a 4.5 / 5 star rating with Buildzoom in 5 reviews, the only negative (2 star) review comes from Pablo F. who says Florida Solar & Air installed 4 “quite below average” doors in his home last year.
Better Business Bureau: The better business bureau is a nationally recognized organization that is a widely trusted authority on all matters of business. On the BBB website, Florida Solar & Air has 7 complaints registered & closed in the last 3 years, as well as a 4.9 / 5 rating in 20 customer reviews. The complaints include:
- A customer who claims they were quoted $13,717, then after paying that amount, was told he owed an additional balance, but wasn’t told how much.
Trust Link Reviews: (3.5 / 5 stars in 9 reviews) On average the reviews here are positive, but we’ll take a quick glance at a few of the complaints.
- Harold B. calls his dealings with Florida Solar and Air “the worst experience ever”. He gives a somewhat complicated explanation of problems with licensing procedure and installation and ultimately ended up going with another solar contractor, and now Florida Solar and Air was, as of the writing of that review, suing Harold for breach of contract.
- Despite giving a 3 / 5 star review, Kristin D. titles her review “horrible”. She claims to have gotten “empty promises” from the company, and also cites several issues with the actual job itself, including improper and incomplete construction. This complaint, however, does not seem to have anything to do with solar panels, but rather with the installation of storm doors and windows.
- Richard N. says “STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY” and cites improper installation of his A/C unit 42 days after the initial installation. He also points out a lack of proper permits from the city and code violations. He calls for the company to be investigated by proper licensing authorities.
- Jose P. gives 1 star review and claims he is starting to be very dissatisfied after 11 months, which makes him quite a bit more long-suffering than most. This review also seems to not have anything to do with solar panels but rather with installation of a five ton air conditioner that has shown several problems since its delivery. Jose ends the review by saying “ I’m starting to think that I made a very bad decision in going with Solandair”
Final Word: Overall, the reviews for Florida Solar & Air are positive and solid. They consistently get 4 and 5 star ratings across a variety of platforms, and they have positive ratings from the Better Business Bureau. As with any other company, there are a number of bad reviews out there, which I have pointed out in this article not to dissuade you from using Florida Solar & Air, just to make you aware of some of the complications and difficulties that can arise when dealing with any contractor. Interestingly, almost none of the complaints I came across had anything to do with the quality of their work as a solar contractor, but more to do with licensing issues for their general contractor work. So overall, Florida Solar & Air seems like a very solid company that does good work in their solar capacity. Though I have seen a number of complaints with their other work, their solar work seems to be just fine and dandy. So if they’re available in your area, they’re a company you should consider using. And with Florida being one of the more solar-friendly and solar-ready states in the Union, solar panels are a great idea in the citrus state.